A New Way to Play Together
DICE+ Launches at Gamescom
Poland, August 22nd – Game Technologies is excited to announce the launch of DICE+ at this year’s Gamescom in Cologne.
The first product of its kind, DICE+ is designed to interact with tablet or other smart devices over Bluetooth. Bringing board games into the digital age, it lets people gather around a tablet and play together.
With a sleek, shock proof design and an innovative LED display, DICE+ is a thoroughly modern version of the familiar dice. It is built with purpose made materials and boasts built in accelerometer, thermometer and magnetometer, meaning it can be also be utilised as a modern motion controller. Not only that – it ensures a reliable and fair gameplay experience with a perfectly balanced design and features such as built-in intelligence that only accepts correct throws while low power consumption Bluetooth 4.0 hardware allows you to play for a whole day.
Several titles will be available to play when DICE+ launches on the 21st August, including:
- Backgammon – a new digital version of one of the world’s oldest games
- Chuchumba – a fun game for kids which challenges their memory and arithmetic
- DICE+ Heroes – a race to the finish where your fate is decided by a role of the DICE+
- Rainbow Jack – a fast-paced strategy game
- Rumble Stumble – Twister for your tablet!
- This Way Up – a board game for kids inhabited by a host of animal characters
- Bella & Max – a family game that invites you to an uncharted world brimming with adventure
- Pirates – board and card game where you build your fleet and may become the king of the sea!
Following in Q4 2013 and early 2014 are many titles based on popular IP’s for both children and adults. Game Technologies are looking forward to bringing a broad range of titles to this new arena, capturing a multitude of gamers from board game specialists to the more casual, family-oriented audience. The focus is on a fun, accessible and familiar blend of board gaming and educational gaming.
DICE+ was developed in Poland, produced exclusively in the EU for worldwide distribution and will be supported on Android and iOS. It will be available for 39.99EUR.
For more information, please visit http://www.dicepl.us/
DICE+ is a trademark of Game Technologies S.A. All rights reserved. Patents pending.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Game Technologies S.A. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners. iPad and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google permissions.
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT DICE+
DICE+ is a universal controller for digital board games which combines the fun of playing traditional board games with the endless possibilities offered by tablets. It interacts via Bluetooth with games played on a tablet or other smart device. DICE+ transforms your tablet into a variety of interactive board games and enables competitive or cooperative gameplay enjoyed by everybody, regardless of age. This is the key to the digital board game system which is systematically enhanced with a constantly growing collection of games.
Key product features:
- perfectly balanced game controller
- state-of-the-art technology, yet simple to use: just flip it & play
- wireless Bluetooth connection with a 15+ foot range
- compatible with iPad 3rd generation or newer
- compatible with Android devices with OS 4.0 Bluetooth enabled
- up to 20 hours of continuous play on a single charge
- non-abrasive, noise-reducing case
- traditional dice feel
- each face has a number with a LED backlight
- numbers sparkle with millions of colors
- proper roll detection ensuring full randomness
- vast array of free-to-play games at poweredboardgames.com
- up to 7 dice can play together
- weight: 0.56 oz / 25 grams, dimensions: 1.02” / 26 mm
DICE+ is manufactured by a European company – Game Technologies, with a custom-made production line based in Poland.
The company began Research & Development in 2010. Over the last 3 years, a group of engineers worked together to create this world’s first dice-shaped board game controller, during which the product itself and the production process have been revised multiple times. Game Technologies is the owner of the intellectual property behind the electronics, mechanical design, material engineering and production process – with patent applications currently in the PCT phase.
Game Technologies has hardware and software development capabilities sufficient to maintain the highest levels of product quality. All the components are fully assembled manually by our personnel. Each controller is thoroughly tested prior to packing and dispatching to the customer.
Game Technologies launched DICE+ on August 21, 2013.
Read more about the manufacturer: www.game-technologies.com