- When will DICE+ be available for purchase?
On E3 in Los Angeles we had the opportunity to establish many business contacts.
What is more we have talked to game developers and multimedia equipment manufacturers (especially TV or tablet) about our combined sales.
We are planning a cooperation with all those, who recognized the potential of Powered Board Games.
We want to start selling our DICE+ not later than the middle of next year.
- How do I turn the dice on and off?
To turn the dice on, pick it up and turn it upside down. DICE+ turns off automatically when idle for at least 10 minutes.
- How do I connect the dice to a device / use it with a game?
Turn on Bluetooth on the device you wish to connect DICE+ to. Rotate it upside down for the device to detect the dice. To pair it to the device,
enter the code 0000 and launch the selected game. To start playing, just roll the dice.
- If the dice is filled with electronics, won’t the face opposite the battery come up more often?
DICE+ is perfectly balanced and its battery is installed in the exact center of the dice. The entire device is encased in a special material that gives
the dice a very even weight, guaranteeing a perfectly fair result with every roll.
- Where is DICE+ made?
The electronic dice is made in Poland. The technological aspects of the device are managed by a team of programmers and electronic engineers assembled especially for DICE+. Thanks to Q-workshop’s experience in making dice, the casing of the dice is also manufactured domestically.
- What if a game requires more than one dice?
Such games can be played with one DICE+ by rolling the dice twice in a row, or by casting two DICE+ at the same time.
- What is the minimum age to use DICE+?
The dice is designed for anyone aged 8 and up.
- What are the minimum system requirements?
DICE+ can be used with any Bluetooth 2.1 compatible device that uses the RFCOMM/SPP profile.
This standard is availably by default in devices running:
- Android 2.1 or higher
- iOS 4 or higher
- any version of Windows/MacOS/Linux
- How do I turn on arcade mode in DICE+?
If supported, arcade mode can be switched on in the game.
- How do I connect DICE+ to my TV?
To use DICE+ with your TV, you will need a Bluetooth connection. You can choose one of three solutions:
- If you have a set-top box, just associate it with DICE+ over Bluetooth, and you’re ready to play;
- Similarly, if you have a TV with Bluetooth capabilities, just associate it with DICE+;
- If none of the above options apply, you’ll have to hook up a Bluetooth-capable device (such as a phone, laptop, or tablet)
to your TV and associate it with the dice. The game will be displayed on your TV screen.
- How do I charge my DICE+?
DICE+ is charged over a standard micro-USB port. The device takes about 2 hours to charge. A charging cable is included with the dice.
- How does the anti-cheat system work?
The anti-cheat system works by checking for a number of criteria: minimum roll time, rotation by a minimum angle of 90°, and stopping on a flat surface with an inclination of less that 5%. All of the above factors are checked to guarantee a fair and fun game.
- How does the dice signal a bad roll?
DICE+ displays its state through the use of colors: if the numbers light up red, the roll was unsuccessful. To continue the game, roll the dice again.
If the numbers light up green, it means that the roll was successful and the result will be sent to the associated gaming device.
- Can I change the color of the numbers?
The default color settings, green and red, can be changed by games that support that option.
- How can I check the battery charge?
The battery charge of the DICE+ can be checked in the game’s options menu. Furthermore, if the dice lights up red when plugged into
the micro-USB cable, the battery is very low on power and needs to be charged.
- How do I know when the dice is fully charged?
DICE+ will light up green when charging is complete.
- Why does the dice flash blue?
DICE+ flashes blue to signal that it is pairing with a gaming device such as a tablet.